Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration 19 julio, 2011Posted by omnimikemx in Ofimática.
Thorough coverage of the improvements and changes to SharePoint 2010
SharePoint 2010 boasts a variety of incredible new features that will challenge even the most experienced administrator who is upgrading from SharePoint 2007. Written by a team of SharePoint experts, this book places a takes aim at showing you how to make these new features work right for you.
Offering an in-depth look at SharePoint 2010, the authors focus on how SharePoint functionality has changed from its earliest version to its newest, and they provide you with detailed coverage of all the new features and capabilities.
- Presents in-depth coverage of the new features and functions of SharePoint 2010
- Demonstrates installation, configuration, and upgrading existing SharePoint 2007 servers
- Discusses architecture and capacity planning, securing and managing site content, and integrating Office clients
- Details the protocol for handling monitoring, creating backups, and executing disaster recovery
- Addresses shared service applications, navigation and governance, and business intelligence and reporting services
Professional SharePoint 2010 presents a solid understanding of the functionality that SharePoint 2010 provides, which will allow you to see what it can do for you.
From the Back Cover
Discover the exciting new capabilities of SharePoint 2010
Significant strides have been made since the release of SharePoint 2007, and this book provides you with a detailed look at the major improvements and numerous changes in SharePoint 2010. The author team of SharePoint experts walks you through installation and configuration, customization, and architecture and capacity planning. You’ll discover how to upgrade existing SharePoint 2007 servers, secure and manage site content, and integrate Microsoft Office applications with SharePoint. Packed with insight as to how SharePoint 2010 works and the functionality it provides, this invaluable resource deciphers the technical details you need to know in order to get SharePoint 2010 up and running successfully.
Professional SharePoint 2010 Administration:
- Covers command-line administration with Windows PowerShell
- Reviews service applications in depth
- Addresses backups and disaster recovery
- Explores exciting new features including managed metadata, Central Administration, and social computing features
- Describes upgrades to the Health Analyzer, Timer Jobs, reporting, and much more
- Discusses enterprise search, FAST search, and people search
- Includes coverage of Business Intelligence and PerformancePoint Services
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
wrox.com Programmer Forums
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.